Dr Ifeoma Ejikeme’s Top Tips on Holiday Skincare
Top Tips on Holiday Skincare
1. Cleanser in the Morning
– Dr Ejikeme recommends using a foaming cleanser in the morning to wash off any sweat we produce in the night. A pea sized amount is more than enough to wash your face and then pat dry.
2. Cleanser in the Evening
– In the evening you want to remove the sunscreen, sweat, makeup and debris from your face. Dr Ejikeme recommends using the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. This is great for removing makeup and can be used on the eyes. She says that one cleanse is enough – we need to be careful if our skin has been in the sun all day.
– Using niacinamide both in the morning and evening repairs the barrier function of the skin and is extremely nourishing and has anti-inflammatory properties.
– Dr Ejikeme chooses to use a lightweight moisturiser and take it right up to her eyes. When at home, she uses an eye cream but whilst on holiday, she prefers to keep her skincare streamlined and use nothing which will cause irritation.
– Dr Ejikeme suffers with dry lips, so she uses the Avene Cold Cream to hydrate her lips. She then follows this with a SPF lip balm to protect her lips from any harmful rays.
– Finish with sunscreen in the morning. Dr Ejikeme recommends using the Obagi Sun Shield Matte. She also likes to use the Alturist Sunscreen. This has full SPF and UVA coverage with no white cast left on the skin.