Browse By

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service are urging people to keep an eye on their cooking

FIREFIGHTERS are urging people to keep an eye on their cooking and make sure their smoke alarms are working to minimise the risk of house fires.

The message from Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service comes following incidents in both Salford and Bolton this week caused by unattended cooking.

Three crews from Moss Side, Salford and Broughton were called to a house fire on Arrow Street, Salford, at 3:11pm on Tuesday, April 2.

On arrival, crews brought the fire under control using a hose reel and specialist equipment before the fire could fully develop.

No-one was injured at this incident.

On Monday, April 1, crews from Bolton Central, Bolton North and Horwich attended a second-floor flat fire on Mill View Lane, Horwich, at 10:40pm.

The fire was out on arrival, with the male casualty treated by North West Ambulance crews while firefighters ventilated smoke from the property.

Crews were in attendance for one hour and thirty five minutes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *