Travel advice: Partizan v Manchester United
Travel advice for fans travelling to Serbia for the Partizan v Manchester United Europa League match on Thursday 24 October 2019.
Date: Thursday 24 October 2019
Venue: Stadium Partizan – Belgrade
Kick off time: 18.55 (local time)
As well as this advice, check out our travel advice for Serbia
Passports, visas and insurance
- you do not need a visa to travel to Serbia; however you should ensure that your passport is valid for the duration of your stay
- remember to take out travel insurance, even if you are only going for one night – it could save you a lot of money if you get into difficulties. Please note that your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is not valid in Serbia
- you do not have to carry your passport on your person while in Serbia but you should carry a copy if the authorities ask to see ID
- if you lose your passport, you will need to make an appointment with the Consular Section in Belgrade to apply for an Emergency Travel Document. You will need to fill out the application online, have one passport size photo and pay online (£100). If you are not able to apply online, you need to go to the Embassy Consular Section during working hours and the consular staff will be able to assist you
Getting to the stadium
The address for the stadium is:
For further information about the stadium, please visit the Partizan FC website
Please refer to the Manchester United website for detailed information about ticket booking, travel package meeting point and the transfer to and from the stadium.
Advice for when you are at the match
- access to the stadium might be slow; there will be ticket checks; body searches may take place at the entrance to the turnstiles
- glass or plastic bottles, cans, coins, poles, flares and pyrotechnics, video cameras are not permitted inside the stadium
- alcohol is banned within the stadium and the surrounding area
As in any other city beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers at airports, railway stations, around the town centre and when using public transport. Only carry what you need and leave spare cash and valuables in hotel safety deposits.
British Embassy address
Telephone +381 11 306 0900 (also for out of hours emergencies)
Office hours: 0800-1630 Monday to Thursday and 0800-1300 Fridays